Jared Rosten looking more like ‘Wolverine’ than his brother Darren.
Olympic Weightlifting warm up:
10 Presses from behind the neck, empty bar. 10 Push press from behind the neck, if comfortable with the weight add two 10’s. 10 Push Jerk (aka power jerk) from behind the neck, if comfortable add another set of 10’s or 25’s , 10 Split Jerk (aka jerk) from behind the neck, if comfortable add another set of 10’s, 25’s or 45’s. Keep it light and work on form.
Workout: For time.
135 lb Thruster (95lb women. scale down as necessary), 10 reps,
135 lb Thruster, 8 reps,
135 lb Thruster, 6 reps,
135 lb Thruster, 4 reps,
135 lb Thruster, 2 reps,
Post time to comments.
“. . .â€œA larger child is going to have larger bones just because heâ€™s heavier,â€ Wey said. â€œBut if you have two kids at the same weight, the one whose weight is dominated by fat mass is more likely to have smaller bones than the one whose weight is dominated by lean mass. Smaller bones are weaker than larger bones.â€. . .”
Click here for complete article.
DCFers going to the Games!
Laci will be helping organize what people bring to the games, carpooling, etc. Please email her if you plan on making it out there.
– How many people in your party (significant other, kids etc).
– Dates you will be attending.
– If you plan on driving each day or staying accommodations nearby (hotel, camping, etc).
– What you would like to bring food/beverage wise if you have a preference (our tents will be ‘pot luck’)
– What types of equipment you can provide (chairs, carpet, tent shade, etc)
Click here for Laci’s email.