150604 Thursday – “Low Grade”
What the seminar will cover:
- Quick fixes for on the fly shoulder tweaks
- Changing scapular movement for a great front rack for little muscles that jack up your overhead mobility and how to fix it
- How to find YOUR best position, taking away the ‘generic’ front rack
- Thoracic spine and your shoulder, yep, they are married
- How to find out if it’s your shoulders or your hips
- SmashweRx for the shoulder, how to smash, unglue, and free up all those tight corners
- All the way down, everything from the shoulder down to the wrists, fixed!
Please RSVP HERE!
Mobility: None. Work on your Hips BEFORE class.
Skill Practice Warm Up: None.
Strength: Power Clean – Session 10
5 x 3 (5 sets of 3 reps, “across,” same weight for each set)
Superset: Ring Dip / Ring Push Up
5 x 5 (5 sets of 5 reps, if doing Ring push ups stay at the same angle)
You should be at 90-100% of your max. If you have been using weight for the ring dips try and use the same that you used when we did triples. If these go well today you can add more weight during the next cycle of 7×3, 6×4, and 5×5’s. If you are doing ring push ups try and lower your angle but make sure all 5 reps are good and your whole body is moving together, no ‘Cobra’ push ups, this isn’t yoga.
Metabolic Conditioning: “Low Grade” – 7 Minute AMRAP.
10 Dumbbell Push Presses (Performance: 45lbs , Athletic*: 30lbs, Health: 20lbs)
40 foot bear crawl (20’ out and 20’ back)
20 abmat sit ups
*Women’s “As Prescribed” weights and reps (Rx)
Scaling Guide: 3 – 8 rounds
Compare To: 2014 – 04 -24
Coaching Tips: Crawl as fast as you can. If you get tired, don’t crawl slower and fight to finish the distance. Just holding yourself in the ‘bear crawl’ position takes energy, so crawl in fast intervals and drop down when you need to rest. If you ever get the ‘dreaded raspberry’ when you do a lot of abmat sit ups focus on keeping your hips glued to the ground so they are not moving up and down each rep.
Optional ‘Cash Out’: 1 min wall ball, 1 min row, 2 rounds