160319 Saturday – 16.4 Main Event!
Official Judged Scores are ONLY available at our Saturday Main Event in Pleasant Hill! All other scores will have to be submitted via with a video online. Diablo’s Head Judge will not approve Open Workout Scores submitted before or after the Saturday Main Event. The CrossFit Games Committee has very harsh penalties for affiliates that violate judging standards. Diablo’s Head Judge will be onsite and supervising the day’s event and judging.
Diablo CrossFit’s Saturday Main Events:
In 2016, the entire Diablo Community will come together on Saturdays to complete the CrossFit Games Open Workouts! Join us on Feb 27, Mar 5, 12, 19 & 26th.
Heats will begin at 9:00 AM and finish by 1PM. Diablo’s Competition Team athletes (many of whom are trying to earn a spot at the Regionals and eventually the Games) will be competing at 11 AM – stick around, watch the fun & cheer them on. It will be exciting!
- Join the fun with your Diablo Community: morning, mid day, afternoon, Alamo & Benicia!
- Cheer on our Diablo Team as they vie for a spot at the prestigious California Super Regional & the Games!
- Challenge yourself: RX or Scaled!
- Computers will be available on-site for score submission
- Your score will be “validated” immediately!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2016:
- Diablo CrossFit will NOT be programming the Open Workouts into our daily programming! Judges are often not available and our Coaches are unable to create a quality class experience for everyone.
- Official Judged Scores are ONLY available at our Saturday Main Event in Pleasant Hill! All other scores will have to be submitted via with a video online. Diablo’s Head Judge will not approve Open Workout Scores submitted before or after the Saturday Main Event. The CrossFit Games Committee has very harsh penalties for affiliates that violate judging standards. Diablo’s Head Judge will be onsite and supervising the day’s event and judging.
- As soon as you complete your workout, you’ll be able to enter your score online and we’ll immediately validate it.
- If you choose to do your workout at Alamo, or if you want to redo your workout on another day, you MUST video record your workout and submit your score with your video! You do not need a judge. Your score will be validated by CrossFit Games HQ. You do not need a judge, but the clock or a person with a stopwatch must be in the video frame.
- Check out our Saturday Main Event page for all the details and information!
Mobility: Hip (playlist video here)
Skill Practice Warm Up: Spend 8 min working up to some challenging single arm single leg deadlifts (opposite arm and leg) for sets of 5.
Metabolic Conditioning: “Bootlegger’s Turn”
For time. 5 rounds
12 deadlift (Performance: 225lb / Athletic: 155lb* / Health: 75lb
15 wall ball (Performance: 20lb/10ft, Athletic *: 14lb/9ft, Health: 10lb/8ft)
12 “Bootlegger Burpees” = burpee + 20 ft shuttle run, must face your lane (no laying down sideways)
1 min rest
Scaling Guide: 16-22 minutes. Scale Up: 275/175lb deadlifts and put a 24/20 in box in your lane to jump on and over every shuttle rep
Log your results online by clicking here.
Compare to: NEW WORKOUT!
Coaching Tips: Consider using a more challenging deadlift weight than you might normally pick (at least on the first rounds) on this once since there is rest built in. You can use the rests to get organized and make sure you are still able to deadlift correctly and/or adjust the weight on the bar if needed. Try to go unbroken on the wall balls. For the bootlegger burpees, don’t let yourself get complacent and walk/slow jog. Push the pace here to keep the intensity up and remember that there is a minute of rest coming up! If you want to spice things up a bit, add a box to your ‘lane’ and jump up on and over a box every rep (the box could be at one end of the run or in the middle). No hip extension required on top of the box, jumping over the box completely is allowed, but this could get dicey under fatigue so be careful!
Optional ‘Cash Out’: None