160219 Friday – Jordan’s Body Weight Bonanza Week 6
Diablo CrossFit’s Saturday Main Events:
In 2016, the entire Diablo Community will come together on Saturdays to complete the CrossFit Games Open Workouts! Join us on Feb 27, Mar 5, 12, 19 & 26th.
Heats will begin at 9:00 AM and finish by 2PM. Diablo’s Competition Team athletes (many of whom are trying to earn a spot at the Regionals and eventually the Games) will be competing at 11 AM – stick around, watch the fun & cheer them on. It will be exciting!
- Join the fun with your Diablo Community: morning, mid day, afternoon, Alamo & Benicia!
- Cheer on our Diablo Team as they vie for a spot at the prestigious California Super Regional & the Games!
- Challenge yourself: RX or Scaled!
- Computers will be available on-site for score submission
- Your score will be “validated” immediately!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2016:
- Diablo CrossFit will NOT be programming the Open Workouts into our daily programming! Judges are often not available and our Coaches are unable to create a quality class experience for everyone.
- Official Judged Scores are ONLY available at our Saturday Main Event in Pleasant Hill! All other scores will have to be submitted via with a video online. Diablo’s Head Judge will not approve Open Workout Scores submitted before or after the Saturday Main Event. The CrossFit Games Committee has very harsh penalties for affiliates that violate judging standards. Diablo’s Head Judge will be onsite and supervising the day’s event and judging.
- As soon as you complete your workout, you’ll be able to enter your score online and we’ll immediately validate it.
- If you choose to do your workout at Alamo, or if you want to redo your workout on another day, you MUST video record your workout and submit your score with your video! You do not need a judge. Your score will be validated by CrossFit Games HQ. You do not need a judge, but the clock or a person with a stopwatch must be in the video frame.
- Check out our Saturday Main Event page for all the details and information!
Want to Participate?
Step 1: Register for the Open! (click here..it’s only $20!)
Step 2: Select “Diablo CrossFit” as your affiliate (including Alamo members!)
Step 2: Tell All Your Friends
Step 3: Sign up for a Saturday “Heat Time” on your Diablo App. (it’ll look like a class)
Step 4: Hang around and cheer for your friends, Coaches and Diablo Competitors!
Step 5: Check the leaderboard often! (Its what we do.)
Questions: email email@example.com
Jordan’s Body Weight Bonanza Week 6
Mobility: Hip (playlist video here)
Skill Practice Warm Up: none
Strength: 6×2 Squat Clean – 14 of 14 (6 sets of 2 rep, same weight across – same as Wednesday, approximately 95-100% of max)
Super Set: 6×4 half kneeling single arm dumbbell/kettlebell shoulder press (6 sets of 4 reps, “across,” same weight for each set). Instructional video here.
Metabolic Conditioning: “Legolas Greenleaf”
6 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
8 Left hand dumbbell Power Snatch (Performance: 45lbs, Athletic*: 25lbs, Health: 15lbs)
30’ Left Hand dumbbell Overhead Lunge (Same)
8 Right Hand dumbbell Power Snatch (Performance: 45lbs, Athletic*: 25lbs, Health: 15lbs)
30’ Right Hand dumbbell Overhead Lunge (Same)
*Women’s “As Prescribed” weights and reps (Rx)
Scaling Guide: 2.5 – 5 rounds
Log your results online by clicking here.
Compare to: May 19, 2015
Coaching Tips: Make sure to catch the dumbbell overhead with a straight active arm; keep your thumb pointed behind you, and your shoulder in good position also make sure to stand all the way up. On the lunges, make sure you don’t step too far or too short, your knee should be right over your ankle. As you stand up, drive through the heel of your front foot.
Optional ‘Cash Out’: none