160222 Monday – “Divergent“
Diablo CrossFit’s Saturday Main Events:
In 2016, the entire Diablo Community will come together on Saturdays to complete the CrossFit Games Open Workouts! Join us on Feb 27, Mar 5, 12, 19 & 26th.
Heats will begin at 9:00 AM and finish by 2PM. Diablo’s Competition Team athletes (many of whom are trying to earn a spot at the Regionals and eventually the Games) will be competing at 11 AM – stick around, watch the fun & cheer them on. It will be exciting!
- Join the fun with your Diablo Community: morning, mid day, afternoon, Alamo & Benicia!
- Cheer on our Diablo Team as they vie for a spot at the prestigious California Super Regional & the Games!
- Challenge yourself: RX or Scaled!
- Computers will be available on-site for score submission
- Your score will be “validated” immediately!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2016:
- Diablo CrossFit will NOT be programming the Open Workouts into our daily programming! Judges are often not available and our Coaches are unable to create a quality class experience for everyone.
- Official Judged Scores are ONLY available at our Saturday Main Event in Pleasant Hill! All other scores will have to be submitted via with a video online. Diablo’s Head Judge will not approve Open Workout Scores submitted before or after the Saturday Main Event. The CrossFit Games Committee has very harsh penalties for affiliates that violate judging standards. Diablo’s Head Judge will be onsite and supervising the day’s event and judging.
- As soon as you complete your workout, you’ll be able to enter your score online and we’ll immediately validate it.
- If you choose to do your workout at Alamo, or if you want to redo your workout on another day, you MUST video record your workout and submit your score with your video! You do not need a judge. Your score will be validated by CrossFit Games HQ. You do not need a judge, but the clock or a person with a stopwatch must be in the video frame.
- Check out our Saturday Main Event page for all the details and information!
Want to Participate?
Step 1: Register for the Open! (click here..it’s only $20!)
Step 2: Select “Diablo CrossFit” as your affiliate (including Alamo members!)
Step 2: Tell All Your Friends
Step 3: Sign up for a Saturday “Heat Time” on your Diablo App. (it’ll look like a class)
Step 4: Hang around and cheer for your friends, Coaches and Diablo Competitors!
Step 5: Check the leaderboard often! (Its what we do.)
Questions: email email@example.com
Mobility: Hip (playlist video here)
Skill Practice Warm Up: Spend 10 min working up to a challenging squat snatch plus overhead squat. Plan on hitting that weight for 2-3 sets.
Metabolic Conditioning: “Divergent“
16 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
3 Squat Snatches (Power snatch to OHS acceptable) (Performance: 95lbs, Athletic*: 65lbs, Health 35lbs) If you cannot do a full overhead squat scale down and do squat cleans and front squats.
3 Overhead Squats (Performance: 95lbs, Athletic*: 65lbs, Health 35lbs)
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups (Performance: 9, Athletic*:6, Health: 6 with a band)
40 Double Unders
3 Squat Snatches (Same)
3 Overhead Squats (Same)
Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups (Same)
40 Double Unders
1 Minute Rest
*Women’s “As Prescribed” weights and reps (Rx)
Scaling Guide: 2 – 4 Rounds (Which is really 4 – 8 rounds)
Log your results online by clicking here.
Compare to: March 24, 2015
Coaching Tips: The workout is two rounds of the same movements followed by a minute rest. Try and keep a steady pace through the first round, and then pick up the pace in the second round since you will get that minute rest. If range of motion (squatting below parallel, etc.) is a big issue with your overhead squat, scale to squat cleans and a front squat – this will let you use more weight and get a much better workout.
Optional ‘Cash Out’: none