Monday February 13th 2017
Dynamic Warmup & Mobility: Minute 0 – 20
- Legs & Lats – Use a roller for on your Quads & Lats
- Coaches’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
- Banded Walks, 30’ lateral + 30’ forward & backward
- Pull up Progression:
- 8-12 Strict Scapular Retractions
- 6-8 Kipping Swings
- 1-2 Sets of 3-8 Kipping Pull ups
Workout: Minute 21 – 45
- 1000m Row
- 50 Thrusters 33 / 45
- 30 Pull ups
This is a Classic CrossFit Benchmark Chipper. If you have never done this, here is a couple tips:
- Pace the Row. 1000m should take anywhere from 3-5 minutes. If you have a Max effort 1k Row of 3:50, trying to hold your pace at 1:55/500m may be the ticket for this workout. Finishing around your 1k PR time will leave you with no legs, which you will need going into Thrusters.
- Get right into the Thrusters. When you finish your 1k Row, get off the rower shake your legs out real quick then pick up the bar for a small set of Thrusters. Stay away from chalk, as this is such a light barbell Thruster. After your first set, plan on digging deep and hang on to 1-3 more big sets to finish the thrusters out. Use your legs as much as possible getting the bar overhead. You will need your arms and shoulders for the pull-ups.
- Jump to the Pull ups for a couple reps. If you are using a band for assistance, you may want to chalk up before you get started. Otherwise, plan on chalking up after the first set to finish out the workout. If you plan on going all 30, chalk between thruster sets or before starting pull ups.
Cool Down: Minute 46 – 60
“Core Blast” 2-3 Rounds of:
- 30 Second Flutter Kicks
- 30 Second Alternating Leg V-up
- 30 Second Bicycle Kicks
- 30 Second SIde Plank Each Side,
- 30 Second Front Plank (Modify by dropping to the bottom knee to make leverage in the midline easier to hold with a good position)
- 1 MInute Rest.
7-11 Minutes worth of accessory.
Diablo F!T: Complete 5 rounds starting every 4 minutes with a 1 minute rest from minute 3 to 4.
- 250m Row
- 10 Dumbbell Thrusters Should be Unbroken
- Max Strict Pull ups until the end of the 3rd minute.
Step 1: Download the SugarWOD App
Step 2: Sign Up with Email / Sign Up with Facebook (AKA Create your account)
Step 3: Find My Box (Hint – Search for Diablo CrossFit) Use Top Secret Code – Diablocf3
Step 4: Log your scores after every workout.
Diablo Members Only, Thanks.
Questions Email email@example.com.