Sunday, December 31st, 2017 – Row’d Royalty is Coming!
“The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” Arthur C. Clarke
Dynamic Warmup: Minute 0 – 10
- Coaches’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
Row’d Royalty Rowing Skill Work: Minute 11 – 25
6 Sets of 100m/120m with 30s to 1min of rest between each 100m/120m.
- 2x 100m/120m Leg Stroke only – arms extended
- 2x 100m/120m Arm Stroke only – legs extended
- 2x 100m/120m Full Stroke
- Leg stroke: drive off a flat foot! Do not allow the torso to be pulled forward. Keep a flat back. Torso moves from 1 o’clock to 11 o’clock position. No arm pull!
- Arm stroke: torso in the 11 o’clock position. Pull hard into the chest and release.
- Full stroke: combine the two and work on a hard drive in the pull and a slow return.
Row’d Royalty begins on January 11th! Register now to get your RR t-shirt on time.
Workout: Minute 26 – 50
- 1000m Row
-2 Minutes Rest-
Then, complete 2 rounds of:
- 20 Kettlebell Swings #35/53
- 18 Push Press #75/115 (M55: #65/95)
- 16 Knees to Elbow
- Row: Push the row hard. You have a 2-minute rest so don’t pace it too much.
- KBs: Hang on to big sets but stay relaxed and focus on breathing.
- Push Press: Use your legs as much as you can. Be mindful not to jerk the rep! This is excellent practice for the Open. Rest as needed if unable to keep the legs straight for the push press.
- Knees to Elbows: IMPORTANT – to complete this wod as rx, you must touch your knees to the elbows, not your knees to triceps or armpits.
Scores: Total time. 1k Row time.
Cool Down: Minute 51 – 60
- Walk, bike or row 2 minutes
- Soft Tissue (Roller or Lacrosse Ball):
- Calves, Glutes & Lats
Have you signed up for our annual Holiday ParTaY?