Kayla is a busy family woman who shares a home with her wife Vanessa, two kids Zayne and Apryl, and a dog (Jack) and a cat (Kitty). She graduated from San Francisco State University with her BS in Kinesiology and her Teaching Credential in 2013. She is currently a PE teacher at Dublin High School.
She has been doing CrossFit for about 4 years now, starting in her garage and following CrossFit.com Workouts. Her first CrossFit workout ever was Fran (at 95lbs with strict pull ups) and she DNF’d. It was then she knew that as hard as CrossFit was, she was determined to be good at it. After about a year of training out of her home, she and her wife Vanessa, decided to join a gym. They had dropped into a few gyms in their area, but when they saw Diablo CrossFit compete at the 2013 regionals in Santa Rosa they knew that was the type of environment and community that they wanted to be a part of. One week later they packed up their house in Oakland, CA, and moved across the bay to Concord, 1.2 miles from their new Diablo CrossFit Home.
Kayla made the Reposoado team her first year at Diablo in 2014 and got to compete alongside the two other Diablo teams at Regionals in San Jose. The following year in 2015 she made the Anejo team, competed in the Super Regionals in San Diego, and helped take Diablo back to the Reebok CrossFit Games. She has her sights set on doing that again with her Diablo Anejo team in 2016.
– Favorite Cheat Meal: Anything sweet; including cookies, brownies, cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate, and any other desserts you can think of.
– Favorite TV Shows: My current guilty pleasures are Blindspot, Quantico, Modern Family, Life in Pieces, and Big Bang Theory.
- 2013 Lalanne Summer Throwdown 3rd place
- 2013 Good Times Fall Fit Classic Team Comp 3rd place
- 2014 Deuces Wild Partner Comp 3rd Place
- 2014 DAV Patriot Games GRID Comp 2nd Place
- 2015 Deuces Wild Partner Comp 3rd Place
- 2015 American Open Weightlifting Comp 14th 69kg division
- 2015 DAV Patriot Games Team Competition 1st Place
- 2015 California Super Regionals Affiliate Team 5th Place
- 2015 CrossFit Games Affiliate Team 28th Place
- 2016 Golden State Games Team Comp 1st Place