Thursday March 16th 2017
Dynamic Warmup & Mobility: Minute 0 – 20
- Coaches’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
- Banded Walks, 30’ lateral + 30’ forward & backward
- 2 Rounds of the Barbell Warmup
- 3 Muscle Clean – Position 1
- 3 Power Clean – Position 1
- 3 Power Clean + Pause into Squat – Position 2
Strength: Minute 21 – 45
Power Clean + Hang Squat Clean @ Position 2 + Full Clean
Complete 5 Rounds of the complex above. Start with a Power Clean, hang on to the bar to get organized before hinge over to the second position (off the front of the knees) to complete a Hang Squat Clean. Drop the Bar and reset at the bottom to complete a Full Squat clean from the Ground. That is one set of the five.
Start first working set around 50-60% and work up to a strong effort. You must be able to successfully catch the clean from the ground in order to move on to a heavier weight. Be extremely careful by keeping your elbows away from your knees. You should not go over 85% of your max Clean.
Workout: Minute 46 – 60
3 Rounds of 1 minute max calories on the bike. Rest as needed between rounds
Score: Your lowest Calorie count.
Diablo Strong – Week 3 / Day 2
- Power Clean + Squat + Pause Jerk 4 x (1+1+2) Last rep @ 60% of your 1 RM C&J
- 1 Clean Pull + 1 High Hang (Above the Knees) Clean + 1 Clean Just off the Ground (Meaning hover off the ground do not touch the ground) @ 4 x (1+1+1) 81% 1 RM Clean
- 4×2 Pause Jerks @ 76 – 81% Pause in the bottom of the dip for 2 seconds then drive through the bar to complete the Jerk.
- Thruster + 5 Second Hold Over Head (From the Rack) 5×1 @ 71 – 76% 1 RM C&J
Our Diablo Strong Classes meet in Pleasant Hill Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday & in Alamo on Sunday Morning or you can always set up Custom Coaching Sessions with one of our Olympic Lifting Coaches HERE.
Diablo F!T: Complete 3 Rounds of 1 Minute max reps with a decreasing Rest (1 Minute rest in the first round, 30 second rest in the second, and no rest in the final round):
- 30 Sec Dumbbell Hang Power Clean / 30 Sec Front or Goblet
- 30 Sec Side Plank Left / 30 Sec Side Plank Right
- 30 Sec Bicycle Kicks / 30 Sec Prone Plank
Track Your Workouts
Track Your Progress
Step 1: Download the SugarWOD App
Step 2: Create your Account
Step 3: Find My Box (Search for Diablo CrossFit) Use Code – Diablocf3
Step 4: Log your Score after each Workout
Questions Email firstname.lastname@example.org