Thank You to Our Team Sponsors!
What is CrossFit?
Welcome to Diablo’s Spring Transformation!
Diablo is committed to helping its members lead happy, healthy lives. How we look, feel, and perform is largely a result of how we eat. Sadly, diets don’t work. The answer to the nutrition conundrum for athletes of all levels is behavioral change. This is true for the beginner as well as the elite athlete. Beginning on Monday, April 11th, we’re launching a program to help: Diablo’s Spring Transformation.
PROGRAM START DATE: Monday April 11, 2016
PROGRAM END DATE: Friday, July 1, 2016
INTRODUCTION MEETING: Wed, March 30 at 7:30 PM
We have contracted with one of the Bay Area’s leading Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaches to bring our members a coaching service that is usually reserved for executives that pay $300 an hour. You will get access to life changing materials and behavioral coaching that will set you up with lasting habits. Paul Southern is an experienced CrossFit Coach, an expert in nutritional supplementation, and a Precision Nutrition Certified Coach.
The Diablo Spring Transformation program is a 12 week event. It is about making a personal change that is significant to each individual. But we will be awarding the most inspirational male & female transformations, nominated by the participants, based on changes in health, body, mindset, and motivation to the group. There will be prizes and gifts for those nominated.
The member price is $250 for the 12 week program. Click here for more information and to sign up!
Here are some important dates to remember (note, these dates may change to accommodate schedules):
- March 30th, Wednesday, 7:30 PM: Introductory Presentation at Diablo
- 4/2 Sat: Intro Redux at Pleasant Hill at 11:00 AM
- 4/7 Thu: Intro Redux at Pleasant Hill at 7:00 PM
- 4/11 Mon: SPRING CHALLENGE STARTS! Weigh-ins ins P-Hill Diablo 9:00 AM & 6:00 PM
- 4/13 Wed: Weigh-ins make-up – PHill 10:00 AM 7:00 PM
- 4/14: Thu: All hands Kick-off Conference Call 6:00 PM
- 4/16 Sat: Make Up Conference Call 10:00 AM
- 4/18 – 7/8: Update Group Calls: Thursdays at 6:00 PM or Saturdays at 9:00 AM
- 5/11: 2nd Weigh-in 9:00 AM & 6:00 PM
- 6/10: 3rd Weigh-in 9:00 AM & 6:00 PM
- 6/29 & 6/30: Final Weigh-in 9:00 AM & 6:00 PM
- 7/6 – 7/7: Transformation voting
- 7/8: Finals Party 8th of July at Diablo P-Hill 6:30PM
NON-MEMBERS REGISTER HERE
(Non-members registration includes a 24 Pack to Diablo F!T Classes!)
Is your mobility holding you back? Can’t figure out the source of that nagging ache, pain or twinge? Come by Diablo CrossFit in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, June 11th and “Ask The Doc!”
YOU MUST BOOK A 15min APPT:
This is a NO CHARGE assessment to measure mobility plus a short consultation with Diablo member: Dr. John Appleman. John specializes in Integrative Diagnosis which is the foremost system in discovering the cause for pain and limited mobility.
Some common questions:
- Why can’t I do a full front rack?
- Why does it hurt my shoulders when I lift overhead or do pull-ups?
- Why does my elbow/forearm hurt when I do certain exercises?
- Why does my hip pinch when I squat?
- Why does my Achilles’ tendon hurt?
- Why does my lower back hurt when I reach a certain weight on deadlifts or squats?
- Why does it take so long to get loosened up every time I workout?
- I’ve been stretching and foam rolling but why am I tight and still have pain?
- Why does something hurt before I exercise, feel better when I’m exercising, then hurt again after?
- Why do I have aching, burning, tingling, numbness?
- Why do my feet or heels hurt?
- Why are my hamstrings always tight?
- Why do I have pain in my chest during ring dips?
- I’ve seen other chiropractors and/or PT’s but why do I still have pain and limited mobility?
Come talk to John. Many Diablo members already do!
About Dr. Appleman:
My passion is to ensure patients get exactly what they need. I am here to break the cycle of patients becoming a commodity in a revolving door of healthcare. I diagnose why you are in pain, and then identify the best treatment to improve your function and eliminate your symptoms. I help people everyday that have not had their problems resolved simply because other health care providers failed to really listen. A lot of treatments can provide temporary relief, but when the right treatment is performed to the right tissue with the right technique, it can make sustainable improvements in reducing pain and enabling your body to move as designed.
My mission is to resolve your pain by restoring healthy movement, get you on a clear path to health, including strengthening your body to reduce your chance of reinjury. I completed my undergraduate studies in Exercise Science and Human Fitness Performance at St. Ambrose University. I am a graduate of Palmer college of Chiropractic, located in Davenport, IA.
In a addition to my undergraduate and graduate degrees, I have earned numerous rehabilitative and sports injury related certifications that help shape my clinical approach to your problem. I am an Integrative Diagnosis provider, the leader in the diagnosis and treatment of soft tissue injuries. I am certified on all levels and continue my training with online content and in-person training multiple times per year, certifying him as a sports injury and soft tissue specialist.