Amy is native of New York City but spent most of her teenage and college years in Connecticut. Amy enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard in 2008 and ascended to the rank of Chief Maritime Enforcement Specialist in 2021.
After playing rugby and ice hockey in college, Amy began coaching in 2008, earning her USA Rugby coaching level 300 coaching certificate while working with the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Women’s Rugby team. She continued coaching and playing rugby until 2015.
Noticing the physical demands of her work in Maritime Law Enforcement, Amy recognized the need for functional fitness to maintain her professional readiness. In 2011 she found crossfit and helped found a 501c3 affiliate (21 Guns Crossfit) at the interagency task force she was assigned to. She earned her CF-L1 and began volunteering with and training along side members from different agencies as well as coaching at Crossfit Integrity. In 2016 her work brought her to Chicago, IL where she coached, competed in Crossfit as well as weightlifting at South Loop Strength and Conditioning. In 2018 she won the the IL State Championship in and ultimately qualified and competed at USA Weightlifting Nationals the same year.
Next, Amy took assignment to the Tactical Law Enforcement Team Pacific counter-narcotics unit San Diego, CA and coached at Bear Republic Crossfit. While in San Diego Amy competed at and won USA Weightlifting Masters Nationals Women’s 35-39 / 59kg division.
In 2022, Amy received orders to U.S. Coast Guard District 11 Enforcement Branch, Alameda, CA where she found Diablo CrossFit.
In her rare time off, Amy enjoys off-roading, camping, and finding all the delicious restaurants the Bay Area has to offer!
- CrossFit Coach – Level II
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- USA Rugby Coach Lvl 100-300
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians-NREMT-B
- CPR/AED/ First Aid
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care- Military Provider
- Command Drug and Alcohol Representative
- Water Survival Master Trainer
- Qualified for USA Weightlifting Masters World Championships (DEC 2022)
- USA Weightlifting Masters National Champion W35 59kg
- 2018 USA Weightlifting Senior National Championships
- 2018 USA Weightlifting Illinois State Champion 59kg
- 2017 Crossfit Central Region Qualifier
- Granite Games and Wodapalooza Competitor
- All Military Rugby 7’s Team