Shelter-In-Place Re-Opening Plan
- Return to economic viability
- Prevent transmission of COVID-19 within our facility
- Improve the immunity, fitness and mental health of our community
SUMMARY & BACKGROUND
Diablo CrossFit is a fitness business in Pleasant Hill, California. We operate in a large warehouse facility with roll-up garage doors and 20’ ceilings. Prior to the Shelter-In-Place we had 500 members and offered CrossFit and weightlifting classes, limited open gym access, and some private coaching. We were open from 5AM until 9PM weekdays and 8A-4P on weekends. Daily attendance was 150-200.
Because of the size of our facilities, and the nature of our class structure, Diablo CrossFit is uniquely positioned to provide more than adequate safe-distance spacing for our members and appropriate sanitation to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Our plan is to limit class sizes and attendance, carefully manage traffic flow, eliminate equipment sharing, require cleaning between classes and communicate daily to our entire community.
Our memberships are down 30% since March 16th. We have transitioned many of our classes to Zoom – bootcamp style workouts but interest is waning given equipment and technology limitations of our member base. We are very eager to open soon to re-establish our membership base.
FACILITIES & BUSINESS ADVANTAGES
Diablo CrossFit is located at 2447 Estand Way in Pleasant Hill. Our 12,000 square feet facility is a former storage warehouse with ample open floor space, 20’ high ceilings, large garage doors, industrial fans and minimal equipment. Members can enter and exit via separate 15’-wide garage doors with physical contact of any kind (doors or human). They are able to proceed to designated exercise areas, each with its own equipment that will be sanitized after each use.
CrossFit & weightlifting classes inherently require safe-distance separation due to the type of equipment and exercises in use. Most of our workouts require the use of a barbell, which is 7’ wide. Additional equipment includes kettlebells, dumbbells and plyometric boxes, which all require safe-distancing in order to prevent injuries. A typical CrossFit or Weightlifting class at Diablo CrossFit has on average 10 participants, each with more than 10’ of separation between athletes. Diablo CrossFit has been practicing safe-distancing in our classes since our inception.
OUR RE-OPENING STRATEGY
In order to meet our objectives to prevent transmission of COVID-19 within our facility Diablo CrossFit will minimize direct human interactions and physical contact with shared facilities. We will also implement and enforce strict cleaning procedures to prevent direct contact with the virus.
- Limited Attendance – we will limit attendance within our facilities to maintain at least 10’ of safe-distance between members (see map & diagram). Daily attendance is expected to be 100-120 members. We will be open 16 hours a day.
- Advance Check-In Required – Diablo CrossFit has a mobile app that allows members to reserve AND check-in to all classes on their phones.
- 15 Minutes Transition Time Between Classes – All classes will be separated by 15 minutes on the schedule to allow time for cleaning and the departure of members prior to the next class.
- Clear Paths Of Travel For Social Distancing – Diablo CrossFit is installing brightly-colored signs to direct members to the appropriate place for exercise or exit safely. Signs will be installed at each entry or exit or passage (see map & diagram).
- Designated Workout Areas – we will use professional floor tape to mark appropriate workout areas for our members. Employee coaches will monitor and manage the use of each space.
- Access to Sinks & Bathrooms – Diablo CrossFit has 4 restrooms with sinks and liquid disinfectant soap dispensers. We will establish clear paths of travel to provide adequate space for safe-distancing.
- Access to Sanitation Supplies and Thermometers – Diablo has always provided hygienic wipes for our members to clean equipment after use. We have ample supplies to re-open. Additionally, we will provide access to disinfectant spray bottles and paper towels for extraordinary situations. No-touch thermometers will be available for use under the supervision of Diablo staff.
- Cleaning & Sanitization Policies – all members will be required to wipe down all equipment used after each class or workout. Additionally, Diablo staff members will wipe down all equipment during large breaks between classes. All Diablo staff will wear appropriate facemasks while on duty.
- Monitoring, Enforcement & Reporting – Diablo CrossFit will have a manager or owner on site during all open hours to provide supervision and direction. Weekly emails will be sent to all members to provide updates on our business and direction for the following week. We will ask all of our members to voluntarily report a positive test for COVID-19 so that we may alert City and County officials as well as our community.
At the end of every week, we’ll meet with our coaches and staff to review our plan and new policies to determine if standards are being met or, if changes need to be made for improvement.
INFORMATION & CONTACT