“Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” Julia Child
A Little Love? Leave a Yelp, Google or Facebook Review for Diablo
As a small business, Diablo CrossFit thrives on reviews from our members. Potential new members read reviews as part of their decision making for choosing our box. If you have a few minutes this week – assuming you’ve enjoyed your experience at Diablo – please leave a review on one of the following sites:
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/diablo-crossfit-pleasant-hill
- FaceBook recommendation: https://www.facebook.com/DiabloCrossFit
- Google Business Review: Google (panel on right)
What’d you miss in our FB Community Group?!
- Guess who’s pregnant?
- Welcome Tim & Matt.. when they recover
- Diablo loves the heavy barbell
- The Handstand Clinic was pretty cool!
- One of those days – Tim Adams
- Diablo Adventure Group hiked the Diablo Waterfall Trail on Sunday! (picture at top)
Programming – Check SugarWOD for all the details.
This week’s Progressions:
- Tue – Deadlifts
- Thu – Strict Press + Push Press
- Fri – Muscle Up skills
- Mon – Run, 3 Rnd Triplet , Run,
- Tue – Bike & Single Arm KB Swings
- Wed – Fight Gone Bad style workout – 1min per station, max reps, 5 stations – 3 Rounds!
- Thu – Dubs, Farmer Carries, DB Hang Squat Cleans
- Fri – 5 rnds of Run, Knees-to-elbows, Row
- Sat – Double AMRAP Metcon with a 5min rest in between
- Sun -GO FOR A HIKE! We’re closed for Easter.
Gymnastic Clinics This Week
- Thu, Apr 18, 6:30 PM: Beginning Bar Muscle-Up
- Sun, Apr 21, 11:30 AP: Beginning Ring Muscle-Up
- Register Here
INTRA GYM COMP IS COMING! – Save the Date!
- Saturday, June 8th!
- Teams of 2 (MM or FF or MF
- Devil Mountain Run (5k, 10k, 1miler): May 5
- CrossFit Games Age Group Qualifier: May 2-6
- Memorial Day Murph: May 27
- NorCal Classic in Sacramento: June 28-30
- “Burned Out at Work? Here’s how to find your passion – or get it back” – Wall Street Journal, Elizabeth Bernstein. It happens to all of us – me included. For me, getting back to the basics and falling in love with the process (classfit!) reignited my passion. Elizabeth has a few more ideas.
- The Cost of Getting Lean: Is it worth it? – Precision Nutrition, Dr. John Berardi- Coach Jennifer shared this in our Diablo Community Group and it’s a fantastic and real analysis of what it takes to be “ripped” and the importance of a balanced sensible approach to nutrition and fitness. Avoid the “obsessive quest to be ‘hot’ and ‘lean’.” Watch!
- Tiger Wins the Masters! It’s been 14 years since his last Masters win and 11 years since his last Major win. He’s had devastating injuries, resulting in 4 back surgeries. And, at the peak of his career, his personal life weaknesses were publicly exposed and his family torn apart. Somehow, Tiger stayed the course, put the work in, and at 43 years old, returned to the top of the podium in the biggest championship of the sport of Golf – with his mother and children on site to witness. It was an epic and emotional moment in sports history.
Make it an awesome week!