IT'S THAT TIME!
“Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents.” Horace
A unique and defining characteristic of CrossFit is that it makes fitness “measurable and repeatable”. And, the ultimate manifestation of measurable & repeatable fitness is the CrossFit Open and – for the very best athletes – the CrossFit Games!
The Open is also part of Diablo CrossFit’s legacy. A large number of our members participate every year! It is scary – for everyone, our newest members and our most experienced. Yet, more than 400,000 CrossFit enthusiasts around the world participated in the Open in 2018!
Each week for 5 weeks (Feb 21 – Mar 25), an Open workout is announced on Thursday, and has to be completed by the following Monday. The Open gives all CrossFitters (Open, Teens, Scaled & Masters) a chance to test ourselves together against each other – and especially, against our past selves.
INTRODUCING "MILLENNIALS vs MASTERS"
After the success & fun of our Diablo Intramural Open last year, we’ve decided to continue the tradition – with a twist. We’re splitting the gym in 2: Millennials and Masters. We’ll compete as teams each week with scoring opportunities based upon participation, passion & performance!
The Age Groups – As of Feb 21, 2019
Millennials: Age 16 – 34
Masters: Age 35+
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
Friday night is fun night! We’ll be getting together every Friday evening to do the Open workouts together. Heats will kick off at 5:00 PM and we’ll plan to be done by 7:30-ish.
We’ll fill the coolers and pull out the chairs. So, grab your class buddies, invite your family and come throwdown and watch the fun!
19.1: Feb 22
19.2: Mar 1
19.3: Mar 8
19.4: Mar 15
19.5: Mar 22
Everyone can contribute points. All you have to do is register for the Open, and complete the workouts! And, along the way there will be other scoring opportunities. Weighting for each scoring will be announced on Monday, Feb 18.
- Workout Completion: 1 Point – for each teammate that submits a workout result to the CrossFit Games website.
- Workout Completion AT Friday Night Lights: 1 Point – every member of a team that completes an Open workout during our Fri Night Lights (Must check-in into Mindbody).
- Top 10 Men & Women (Open & Masters combined): 10-1 Points
1st = 10 pts
2nd = 9 pts
3rd = 8 pts
4th = 7 pts
5th = 6 pts
…etc, 10th = 1 pts
- Top 5 Scaled M/W: 10 – 2 Points – for every male AND female member who places among the Top 5 for each scaled version of the Open workout.
1st = 10 pts
2nd = 8 pts
3rd = 6 pts
4th = 4 pts
5th = 2 pts
- Judge: 1 Point – Judging an Open workout.
- Judge at FNL: 1 Point – Judging an Open workout at FNL.
- New PR: 2 Points – every athlete who achieves a personal record on a movement (a lift, a pull up, toes-to-bar, muscle-up).
- Spirit of the Open: 5 Points – Each week we will pick one member who displays amazing spirit, camaraderie or exemplary effort during that week’s workouts. You’ll find this person cheering others on, volunteering to judge others, helping people get prepared, doing something amazing they never thought possible, gaining a new skill, etc.
REGISTER NOW (and take the Judge's course)
The only thing you need to do to participate in the Intramural Open is to register for the CrossFit Games Open!
Don’t worry if you are new or unsure about your ability level. THERE IS A SCALED DIVISION! Please be sure to select Diablo CrossFit as your affiliate.
Have Fun!: Our focus is on FUN. We want participation because it will make you fitter, and it will get you high-fives and you’ll be happy and love life more and glow and stuff.