Meet Diablo Moxie’s “100 Mile Man”
Jimmy is a member at Diablo Moxie. He is also a 100 mile man. In his first ever “Century” race, on Aug 11th, he finished 3rd in 34:06. If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to run 100 miles – or how to suffer through massive physical adversity – you’re going to really enjoy this conversation. Jimmy is a tough-talking, hard-training, no-holds-barred, motivating individual. If he’s not hitting a CrossFit workout at Moxie, you’ll find him out on the trails with his Beauceron pups.
Some things we discuss:
- What does it take to run 100 miles?
- Keto & training for a 100 miler.
- From 5 miles a week to 100.
- The mental side of Ultra Marathons.
- Running through pain & adversity.
- Recovery from Ultras.
- Alone in the dark on the trail with 30+ miles to go.
Editor’s note: conversation starts at the 2:30 mark.