On Saturday, we said farewell to our Alamo location with a workout dedicated to the amazing community who made this place incredibly special. Thank you to our Alamo community for all the great workouts, friendships and fun. We love you!
Strength: Push Press: 5 sets @ 10-8-6-4-2
- Complete unbroken reps of 10 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 2 increasing loads each set if possible.
- Keep elbows up and dip the knees out as low as needed to jump the barbell as high overhead to minimize the amount of press to finish the rep.
Metcon: Complete 3 rounds for time:
- 10 Power Snatches #75/115 (M55: #55/95)
- 10 Box Jumps 20”/24“
- 500m Row
- Open prep!
- Power Snatch: be sure to use a weight that is easy enough to keep a quality touch-and-go rep for sets of 3-5 reps.
- Box Jumps: Modify to a low jump and avoid step-ups for scaling unless jumping isn’t an option. Step down always! When your legs get heavy, rest between reps instead of resorting to step ups.
Conditioning: Complete 4 rounds starting every 5th minute:
- 1-minute Plank
- 16 Single-arm Dumbbell Squat Clean (alt. every 4th rep)
- 200m Run with Dumbbell
- 50 Double-unders or Jump Rope skill work
- Plank: Keep core tight and but tight. You can play with a Plank from the elbow to a Push-up Position.
- DBSC: Keep the weight under your body by touching only 1 head of the DB to the ground. Start at a manageable weight and try to increase each round.
- Run: Take your DB for a jog.
- Dubs: You should be able to complete these in 1-4 sets. If you trip a lot, modify to single-unders, and practice the doubles when you have a good rhythm.
Core: 3 rounds (9:45)
- 45 sec Floor wipers (heavy barbell: take from rack or blocks)
- 15 sec rest-
- 45 sec Floor windshield wipers
- 15 sec rest-
- 30 sec (each side) Standing weighted oblique crunch
- 15 sec rest
Accessory: 3 rounds (groups of 2 – total: 15 min)
- 10 Nordic Curl (with a 3-5 sec negative)
- 10 Banded weighted glute bridge (with a max hold on the last rep)
- 20 Partner hamstring curls
COMPETITION STARTS JANUARY 11th!! Click on the logo to register.