TEEN SUMMER STRONG - SESSION 1A & 1B
ABOUT SUMMER STRONG
Our Teen Summer Strong Program is a strength-based Olympic Lifting training program designed for 12 – 17 year olds. This program is appropriate for boys and girls of all athletic and fitness abilities who are motivated to improve their strength, power, speed and overall fitness. Our Summer Strong program begins and ends with a physical test of strength and fitness in order to provide a record of every athlete’s performance improvements.
Summer Strong participants will primarily be educated on the the Olympic lifts (Clean & Jerk & the Snatch), along with other barbell lifts and gymnastic movements (Pull Ups, Rope Climbs, Ring Dips). No experience is necessary for this program. If your child is participating in organized sports, many of the lifts and gymnastic movements are the same ones that they will be exposed to in high school and beyond. Diablo’s Strong program provides a solid technical foundation for those later years.
Proper technique is CRITICAL to gaining strength & power in addition to avoiding injury. Our Coaches are extensively trained and experienced in all the barbell lifts. No one will be pushed beyond their capacity – and increases in weight will only be allowed under the supervision and instruction of a coach.
Diablo’s Teen Strong is a serious program that teaches all students about the importance of strength, fitness, proper nutrition and discipline. Participant Requirements:
- Athlete participants must be self-motivated and eagerly interested in learning about Weightlifting.
- All athlete participants must plan to attend all classes during the program. 1 – 2 absences for emergencies or family travel are permitted.
- All athlete participants must be good team members – participating with enthusiasm and encouraging and cheering for others.
Parents of minors MUST complete a Waiver & Release.
This is a FOUR Week, 3 class-per-week program. Classes are 60 minutes long.
SESSION DATES & TIMES
ABOUT COACH CARRIE
Carrie was born in Southern California but moved to Nebraska at a young age. Carrie was active with gymnastics and drill team in high school and attended University of Nebraska where she studied nutrition. She moved back to California where she worked in the restaurant industry. A short time later, Carrie discovered CrossFit at Diablo. While Crossfitting, she wanted to focus on developing her strength and soon discovered a passion for Olympic Weightlifting.
Carrie enjoys competing and has earned 3 World Records in Masters Weightlifting. She has also broken several PWA masters records, and is the current reigning IWF Masters World Weightlifting Champion (40/48).
- CrossFit Level 1 (CF-L1) Trainer
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- CPR, AED, & First Aid Certificate
- IWF MASTERS WORLD RECORDS (40-44@48k): Snatch 68kg, Clean & Jerk: 78kg, Total: 139kg
- IWF 2018 Masters World Champion 40yo/48kg – 1st Place (Snatch: Gold, C&J: Gold, Total: Gold)
- 2017 Pacific Weightlifting Association Masters Champion (40-44@48k)