“Our workouts are competitive events. The strength and value of CrossFit lies entirely within our dominance of other athletes. This is a truth divined through competition, not debate” CFG2009 Ranch Banner.
3 REASONS WHY THE CROSSFIT GAMES ARE SO IMPORTANT TO CROSSFIT
- The original intent of the CrossFit Games was to prove to the world that CrossFit yielded the fittest athletes in the world. And, after watching the 14th Games event this weekend, the proof has been delivered, again. No other fitness methodology, system or company can make this claim. Thus, CrossFit owns the high ground in the battle for “the most effective fitness program in the world.”
- Next, no other fitness business has anything that compares to the CFG Open (400,000 participants) or Games. CrossFit is a sport AND a training methodology. The Open and The Games are unique and distinguishing characteristics of our business and our community.
- Finally, we learn from the experiences of the best. CrossFit Games athletes are pushing the boundaries of fitness with their incredible volume of diverse training. What they learn through hard work and experimentation, we leverage in our programming and equipment acquisition to make us better. It is comparable to Honda Racing Team’s contributions to Honda automobiles.
CORONA UPDATE: STAY THE COURSE Many parts of our Country are experiencing a surge in CV19 case counts, but Contra Costa County’s case and more importantly, hospitalization counts remain low. Let’s make sure that we’re doing our part by keeping safe distance while indoors at Diablo. And, let’s keep masks on in our lobby area.
WELCOME CHRIS PAGANO! Diablo Member Chris Pagano is now a Support Team Specialist for Diablo CrossFit. You’ll see him working in the evenings and occasional weekends helping keep our gym in tip top shape.
ONLINE FBB & “MOGA”: Coming soon to Diablo Online – Functional Bodybuilding and Mobility+Yoga. We’ll announce class times this week.
AWESOME WEEK OF WORKOUTS! (check Sugarwod Track “Workout Of The Day”) Check out the videos on Sugarwod or on YouTube (PRsAllDay).
- Mon: Snatch work. Metcon E3MOMx3 – 12/18c Bike, 30s L-Sit, Max HR Push-Ups
- Tue: Amrap 15m – 5 Thrusters #95/13, 15KB Swings, 5 Thrusters, 60 DUs, 1m Rest
- Wed: E6MOMx4 – 12/20c Bike, 500m Row, 200m Run.
- Thu: Amrap 18m – 200m SB Carry, 15 Pull ups, 8 Snatch #95/135
- Fri: Back Squat. Metcon: Amrap 1 Burpee & 1 High Box Jump
- Sat: CFG Open 17.2
- Sun: 5rft – 8 OHS #75/115, 16 KB, 400m Run
CRAIG’S LIST (stuff I’m reading or listening to.. or talking about):
Groundbreaking! Dr. Giselle Petzinger, MD on Exercise for Parkinson’s Disease – Rhonda Patrick – This one is amazing and should be shared with anyone with Parkinson’s. Quick summary: physical exercise helps people with Parkinson’s, especially exercise with intensity. “Intensive exercise training heightens dopamine sensitivity and increases growth factors in the brains of people with Parkinson’s disease, leading to improved cognitive performance and postural control — two aspects with a profound impact on a person’s quality of life”
Joe Rogan with Wesley Hunt #1550 – Wesley Hunt is a black American running for Congress as a Republican in Texas. He is a West Point graduate and served 8 years in the Army as an Aviation Officer and Apache Helicopter pilot. I especially enjoyed his (and Joe’s) commentary on the need for a more “centered” approach to politics. I listened with an open mind and enjoyed the points he made.
Make it an awesome week!