A Truck That Represents The Fight
“To be a better caretaker, you need to take care of yourself first.”
IT’S NOT MY TRUCK, BUT IT’S A BLAST TO DRIVE! Diablo member and Toyota Walnut Creek GM, Brad Barnett reached out a few weeks ago to let me know that TWC wanted to provide me with a sponsored & branded truck to drive for a few months in recognition of our efforts to keep gyms open in California. Toyota Walnut Creek has been an amazing supporter of our competition athletes and our live CrossFit Games Open announcements in the past. Any truck would have been very cool to drive, but TWC went above and beyond with this 2021 Toyota Tundra! It is truly an amazing truck. With an 8” lift and 35” tires on Fuel Rims, it casts an impressive shadow.
From my IG post: “There are moments of doubt and inspiration in every struggle. The fight to keep our business open during the pandemic has been full of both. But, Brad and Toyota Walnut Creek erased all doubts with their incredible gesture of support for our cause. I am truly humbled and blessed. I am also inspired and re-motivated to continue to fight for small businesses who have been severely impacted by the pandemic. I look forward to driving this beast and representing Toyota and Diablo.”
If you’re in the market for a car, SUV or truck, please visit Toyota Walnut Creek (ask for Shannon Aiken!) They are good people.
HAVE I MENTIONED THE OPEN? Register Now! We’ll all be doing the workouts every weekend for 3 weekends beginning March 13 & 14th. And, we need judges! We strongly encourage everyone to also take the CrossFit Online Judges Course ($10) so that athletes can officially register scores on the CrossFit Games site.
LARA’S OPEN SKILLS CLINICS This week, Coach Lara will be covering:
- Thu, 11:00A – Pullups & Thrusters
CHAD’S ULTIMATE LOW BACK ACCESSORY PROGRAM – WEEK 3 – Great feedback from attendees who love this clinic. This one fills up every class!
- Tue, 1:00P – 2:00P
- Sat, 1:30P – 2:30P
- Sun, 12:00P – 1:00P NEW TIME!
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK (check Sugarwod Track “Workout Of The Day”) Check out the videos on Sugarwod or on YouTube (PRsAllDay).
March Progressions – Open Season!
- Primary Strength: High Heart Rate Heavy Lift Training – Hang Power Clean & HP Snatch
- Secondary Strength: Turkish Get Ups & TGU Complexes
- Skill Progression: Aerobic Conditioning / Recovery
The week ahead:
- Mon: Max Pull Ups. Metcon: 3RFT – 20/30c Bike, 8 DLs (#165/255), 8 HSPU
- Tue: 5x 35 DUs + 3 HP Snatch. Metcon: AMRAP 8m – 8DB SCleans, 100m FCarry, 20 Situps
- Wed: 5rft – 5 Bar MUps, 12 Pistols, 15 HR Pushups, 200m Run
- Thu: 10 RFT – 250/300m Row 1m Rest
- Fri: Amrap – 15 T2B, 10DLs (#115/75), 5 Snatches (same)
- Sat: 800m Run, 10BBJ, 10 Goblet Lunges, 600m Run, 15 BBJ, 15 GLunges, 400m Run, 20BBJ, 20 GLunges, 200m Run.
- Sun: TGU work. Metcon: Amrap 8m – 15/20c Bike, 8 SArm DB Devil Press (#35/50)
CRAIG’S LIST (Stuff I’m Reading, Listening To or Watching)
A Neurosurgeon on Healing Back Pain. Julie Foucher – Pursuing Health Podcast. This is a really cool story and a model for using functional strength training for healing back and other neurological issues. Dr. David Johnson is a brain and spinal neurosurgeon who has had a pioneering role in the establishment of multidisciplinary spinal practices and holistic care for neurosurgical patients in Brisbane, Australia. He is also the co-owner of CrossFit Neuro, the first clinical CrossFit affiliate.
Studies Show High Blood Sugar Increases COVID Risk – Inherently, most of us know this given the impact of Covid19 on patients with other metabolic diseases, especially obesity and diabetes. However, this article looks at recent papers that present convincing evidence that elevated glucose—even without a diabetes diagnosis—can be dangerous for COVID patients.
NetFlix Last Week
- I Care A Lot.– Started this one with no idea where it was going. HOLY CRAP. This is a good flick with some great actors. And, it’ll scare the legal guardian shit outta you.
- Canine Intervention – We love dog shows and this one is particularly cool, because the trainer, Jas Leverette is based in Oakland! His dog training company, Cali K9, focuses on training humans to be better dog owners. His specialty is turning around aggressive dogs and dogs with behavioral issues. The stories are amazing.
- Behind Her Eyes – This is a short series about a psychiatrist, his psycho wife/patient and his inquisitive secretary/lover. It is creepy with some very bizarre twists.
Make it an awesome week!