“Success is the product of daily habits—not once-in-a-lifetime transformations.” James Clear, Atomic Habits
AMAZING OPEN SO FAR (PICS!) I had doubts about moving forward with the CrossFit Games Open this year for obvious reasons. However, all doubts were erased immediately after the first group heat for 21.1 on Saturday morning. Soon after starting, the excitement of the Open & the Games returned! Things felt normal again. Thank you everyone for your patience with our schedule changes and distancing requirements.
For the LAST workout, we’ll be hosting “Friday Night Lights” again and “Saturday Main Event” – be sure to reserve a time in advance. Heats will begin on Friday at 3PM and on Saturday at 7AM.
Stephen Stovers Awesome Pics:
END OF THE OPEN CELEBRATION Come celebrate the end of the Open on Saturday at 12PM (after the last heat) Our End of the Open Celebration will be at 12PM on Saturday! The weather is supposed to be excellent, so we’ll be out front with beverages and more. Come hang out!
MY DAILY SHAKE I was asked for the ingredients to my daily shake. This is a meal replacement for my first meal of the day. It’s become a routine – and an easy way to get me on track for my target protein intake for the day. It works to about 275 calories, 50g Protein, 15g Carbs & 5g Fat. It keeps me satiated for 3-4 hours. The bone broth adds quite a few micronutrients to my diet. And, the taste is unnoticeable.
- ½ Cup Beef Bone Broth (Yvonne buys Trader Joe’s)
- ½ cup water & some ice
- 2 scoops Whey Protein
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter Powder (less fat)
- ¼ frozen banana
- 5g Creatine
At the same time I take 4000 ius of Vitamin D and 5000mg of Fish Oil.
RTC19 FINAL RESULTS I have been surprised by the positive comments and amazing results from our very simple “RTC19 Challenge” on Sugarwod. Tracking habits daily (no sugar, no processed foods, no alcohol, walk 30min..) led to some really impressive physical changes for a lot of people. Thank you for participating!
And, congratulations to our top performers! The difference was # of days logged – if you logged results, and kept your habits on track, you scored well, and likely had some life changes. Full results can be found here.
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK (check Sugarwod Track “Workout Of The Day”) Check out the videos on Sugarwod or on YouTube (PRsAllDay).
The week ahead:
- Mon: Amrap 4m & 7m, then “for time”- 15/20c Bike, 30 Situps, 12 Burpees over bar, 20 PP #75/115
- Tue: C2B Pull-ups > HPC. Metcon: 21-15-9: Alt DB Snatch & High Box Jump Overs
- Wed: Amrap 18m – 10 K2E, 20 Pistols, 30 HSW
- Thu: E5MOMx5 – 10SDHP #55/75, 400m Run, 3 MU, 200m Run
- Fri: 5RFT – 5 HPS #95/135, 12 Pull ups, 3 HPS, 1m Rest.
- Sat: 20.3
- Sun: TGUs. Metcon: Amrap 9m – 15 HR Push ups, 15 DLs #145/205
CRAIG’S LIST (Stuff I’m Reading, Listening To or Watching)
- The Female Brain, Louanne Brizendine – Listening to this on Audible. Recommended to me by a friend to help me understand and relate to my 17yo daughter. I’m about halfway in and am enjoying this tremendously! Raised in a family of 4 boys – I’m admittedly naive to the hormonal changes of women and the effect on daily life & struggles. Dr. Brizendine is a neuropsychiatrist, “who brings together the latest findings to show how the unique structure of the female brain determines how women think, what they value, how they communicate, and who they love. While doing research as a medical student at Yale and then as a resident and faculty member at Harvard, Louann Brizendine discovered that almost all of the clinical data in existence on neurology, psychology, and neurobiology focused exclusively on males. In response to the overwhelming need for information on the female mind, Brizendine established the first clinic in the country to study and treat women’s brain function.”
- Rhonda Patrick on Sleep & Exercise – Bad news: Chronic partial sleep deprivation increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Good news: a recent study has shown that high-intensity interval exercise improves heart endothelial function even after a night of partial sleep deprivation!
- SPACS – Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (Blank Check Companies) – The Hustle. I spent 25+ years in investments & trading. Thus, things like SPACS make me very nervous for retail investors. These companies reek of abuse potential. If you’re an investor, SPACS should be reserved for money that you can afford to burn.
- Amazon Prime: Yellowstone – Yvonne and I are a little late to the game on this one, but it’s a great series with some beautiful scenery as a backdrop.
Make it an awesome week!