“Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” Saadi
The Week Ahead 5.19.19
A QUICK LOOK BACK
- Average Stephen: Diablo Coach Stephen decided to follow Alessandra around for a day and do her workouts with her (uh..scaling appropriately). Watch his very cool & fun video. Subscribe to his feed so you can catch all his work with Diablo’s Game’s athletes this season.
- Michelle Lacy is a BadAss! Michelle (47) has lost more than 150 pounds and just completed her first Spartan Trifecta by finishing the Spartan Beast (13+ miles and 30+ obstacles) in 7:25.
- The Rogue Invitational Sanctional was one of the best CrossFit competitions I’ve watched – an incredible production. The “Legends” competition was an emotionally inspiring experience. Diablo athletes competed with many of these athletes for many years.
- A new Keurig Coffee maker has been installed. All is right in the world.
- Happy Birthday Coach Andrew!
MURPH – MAY 27 ** HEAT CHANGES! **
- Heat times have been changed to on-the-hour: 8A, 9A, 10A, 11A
- 50 Athletes per heat!
- Potluck style BBQ fun. Bring a dish!
- Details & information
INTRAGYM COMP – Diablo Double Dutch
- Sat Jun 15, 8:30AM
- Teams of two: MM / FF / MF
- Categories: Scaled / Open / Masters 35-49 / Masters 50+
- Come join the FUN!!
PROGRAMMING – Check Sugarwod for details
- Mon: Tabata Murph stuff
- Tue: Strength – Hang Squat Snatch. Metcon – 5rnds, Deadlifts, Box Jumps, Situps!
- Wed: LONG Metcon. 35min AMRAP. Buy-in: 5k row! Then, AMRAP DB Push Press, FCarry, 200m run.
- Thu: Strength – BACK SQUAT! Metcon – AMRAP Bike, PCleans, Reverse Barbell Lunge (new!)
- Fri: Filthy 60!
- Sat: Bench Press, then a 3rnd Metcon
- Sun: Loaded Carries + a Run, Bike, Sit Up Metcon
- MON 27th: MURPH!
Chernobyl – HBO – This is a mind-blowing account of the Nuclear Reactor failure and explosion in 1986. I didn’t understand the potential consequences of this event and how close we were to a Global disaster. Chernobyl is a five-part miniseries that tells the story of one of the worst man-made catastrophes in history — and of the sacrifices made to save Europe from unimaginable disaster. This should be everyone’s must-watch list.
NIH: NIH study finds heavily processed foods cause overeating and weight gain – A first-of-its-kind clinical trial. “Though we examined a small group, results from this tightly controlled experiment showed a clear and consistent difference between the two diets,” said Kevin D. Hall, Ph.D., an NIDDK senior investigator and the study’s lead author. “This is the first study to demonstrate causality — that ultra-processed foods cause people to eat too many calories and gain weight.”