“There is no influence like the influence of habit.” Gilbert Parker
A QUICK LOOK BACK
- PRs All Day: May was a big PR Month..and we know lots didn’t write ‘em down! Check it out.
- Murph: Almost 200 members did Murph on Memorial Day! It was a memorable day and an awesome way to honor our fallen heroes. Check out the video. And, here’s some pics.
- Diablo’s Payam Saljoughian is honored and thrilled to be representing Iran at the CrossFit Games this year. Here’s a great article which gives the backstory to his awesome accomplishment.
- Linda McCampbell got her FIRST rope climb (15’) at age 65!! No excuses!
- Alessandra Pichelli traveled to the Granite Games CrossFit Sanctional in Minnesota, but injured her foot in the first event, a 7k run, while finishing 4th! She had to withdraw from the event, but she believes she’ll recover in time to return to training for the Games.
- Shirts are on sale!!
- Primary – Power Clean
- Secondary – Front Squat
- Skill Focus: Strongman
- CF Girl: Cindy – June 17
- CF Hero: “Harper” – June 29
This Week (check Sugarwod for Details & accuracy!):
- Mon: 24m AMRAP- Buy-in, Airbike. Then Strict Pull Ups, S2OH, Pistols & Double-Unders.
- Tue: Strength – Power Clean complex. Metcon: 5 rnds of KB swings & 200m run!
- Wed: A really cool & unique metcon – Buy In: 16 Bench press, then 15-12-9 burpee over bar & push press, plus 400/500m row!
- Thu: Strongman skill w/ Sandbags. Metcon: Clean & Jerk and Toes-to-bar
- Fri: Strength: Front Squat. Metcon: Thrusters & Sumo Deadlift Highpull
- Sat: Metcon with Muscle Ups, HSPUs & KB swings. Blanco wod available.
- Sun: Hang Snatch EMOM. Metcon: Burp Plate Jumps, Plate Situps and Double Unders.
INTRA-GYM COMP – DOUBLE DUTCH – Sat, June 15 8:30AM
- Fun intra-gym Partner Comp: MM / FF / or MF
- Scaled workouts too!
- Workout 1: 12m AMRAP – “You go, I go”
- 100M Sandbag Carry
- 12 Pull Ups (15 Jumping Chest-to-Bar)
- 100M Farmer Carry
- Details & Registration
Dr. Rhonda Patrick with Matthew Walker, PhD. – Sleep for Enhancing Learning, Creativity, Immunity, and Glymphatic System – This is a MUST WATCH or LISTEN podcast. I’ve heard Matthew Walker on Joe Rogan – and that was amazing. But this episode is packed full of powerful data on the effect that sleep has on our body and our longterm health. You will become an immediate advocate for later start hours for school for kids (the impact on learning!) and you’ll probably get a little frightened about your own sleep deficit. Please, listen to this one – and get your 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep to help lose weight, focus better, avoid alzheimers and possible even cancer.
Ultra Processed Foods May Be Killing You – CNN – The mainstream media is finally starting to talk about what we already know. This article is based upon a 2 year study with 20,000 participants! And the data is frightening. Quick read.