Have you signed up for our annual Holiday Partay? It’s Saturday, January 6th. Scroll down for details!
Dynamic Warmup: Minute 0 – 25
- Coach’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
- Stability Warm Up: 3 Different Drills
- 1 Set of 18 “Clocks” or “Toe Taps” – Standing on the left foot, touch the ground with the right foot in front – 12 o’clock – then touch to the side – 3 o’clock, then behind for 6 o’clock. Change feet and repeat: 12 o’clock, 9 o’clock and 6 O’Clock.
- 1 Set of 8-12 Toe Touches – Standing on your right foot keeping the left leg in front of the body, reach across and down with your left arm to touch the right toe. Only reach as far as you can.
- 1 Set of 10-12 Squats with a close stance – Toes and heels touching.
Workout: Minute 26 – 50
Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
- 7/10 Cal Bike
- 15 Push-ups
- 20 Alternating Pistols or Single Leg Step-ups (alternating every 5 reps)
- Bike: Push the pace to get these reps completed!
- Push-ups: Hold a consistent range of motion by touching chest to the ground and full lock out at the top. Modify with a band or incline push-up before using the knees.
- Pistols: This will most likely be the limiting factor for a lot of people. If unable to complete the reps with the full range of motion, use the step-up modification.
- Step Ups should be challenging. They must be completed in sets of 5 each side before alternating legs.
Begin with 1 round every minute on the minute for 10 minutes
- 7 V-Ups or 6 Toes-to-Bar
- 7 KB Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- 7 Goblet Squats
Rest till minute 11, then complete 3 rounds starting every 3rd minute:
- Run/Row 400m
- If you cannot complete the reps in the minute, skip the next round and complete a 30-second plank penalty. Then, continue to the next round.
- You should finish the first few rounds in 45-50 seconds to allow a short rest, otherwise, modify the reps.
- Challenge yourself on the weight with the SDHP, which will also be the same weight for the Goblet Squats.
- Row/Run: Sprint! Give yourself as much rest as possible between rounds by pushing the intensity.
Deload Session: Opening Weights for the Diablo Classic
- Snatch 70-75%%
- Clean & Jerk @ 60%
- Front Squat 4×1 @ 70% (hold the full hook grip)
- Use this time today to work up to your openers for this weekend.
- Hit the weights for 2-3 reps, and avoid going any bigger. You want to feel snappy on Saturday’s Meet.
- Your opener should be a weight that you are confident in hitting.
- Today should be a session to rehearse for the meet. Use a running clock and give yourself 1 minute on the platform for the attempt. Stay focused and avoid chit chatting on the platforms.
Core & Accessory:
10 min time cap
- 40 Hollow Body rocks
- 40 Arch body rocks
- 30 Hollow body rock
- 30 Arch rock
- 20 Hollow rocks
- 20 Arch rocks
- 10 Hollow rocks
- 10 Arch rocks
- 30′ Lateral Banded Walks (both ways)
- 10 Banded Squats
- 10 Butterflies at the bottom
- 10 sec hold in the “out” position after the last butterfly