Dynamic Warmup: Minute 0 – 20
- Coaches’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
Strength: Minute 21 – 40
Back Squat: 6 sets of 6 reps at 70-75%
- This is a “high-bar” back squat.
- We are starting a new strength cycle this week. The cycle starts light for a lot of reps. This is a good time to focus on your depth and keeping your chest up.
- NO BOX OR BENCH SQUATS! If you need a target, use a wallball on a bumper plate – ask your coach.
- Practice your setup (sequencing the hips, core & breath) between your reps in every set.
- If you have no idea what your max back squat is, then the goal for today is to find a weight that challenges your positioning after 4 reps. Talk to the coach. Once you find the weight, complete an additional 3-5 sets of 6 reps at that weight or 5-10 lbs heavier.
Workout: Minute 41 – 60
Complete as many rounds possible in 10 minutes:
- 6 High-Target Wall Ball #14-10′ / #20-11′ (New Movement!)
- 100m Med Ball Run
- 8 Russian KB Swings 53/70# (M55: #35/53)
- This 10-minute AMRAP will be fast. The goal is to keep everything unbroken.
- High WB: The goal is to shoot to a higher target than usual. The reps are low so hang onto the ball and jump it to the target.
- Medball Run: Hang on to the ball how every you want. You may try the slam ball for this workout, but you have to use the same ball for the WB Shots.
- Russian KB Swings: This should be a heavy swing. Focus on keeping your shoulders back and down to keep the KB from swinging over your head.
- Cluster 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 (strong effort)
- Power Clean 4×2 @ 70-75% C&J
- Clean Pull + Floating Clean Pull 3x(1+2) @ 75-80% C&J
- Front Squat 4×3 @ 75-80% FS
- Pause Jerk 4×2 @ 70-75% of C&J max
- Pause 2 seconds at the bottom of the dip.
- Keep feet flat and knees on the dip
- Do not double dip, otherwise dip a tad lower