Strength: Back Squat 5 sets of 5 reps @ 75-80% (high bar)
- Second session of the current cycle. Keep all 5 sets between 75-80%.of your 1RM
- Drill the setup by sequencing engagement of your hips, core & breath between reps every set.
- If you do not know your 1 rep max, work up to a “strong effort” (challenging, but not to failure)
Metcon: Complete as many rounds as possible in 10-minutes of,
- 20′ Handstand Walk (modify with 2 Wall-walks or 3×10′ Bear Crawls)
- 10 Wall balls #14-9’/#20-10′
- 10 Burpees
- This 10-minute AMRAP is going to end up being a shoulder burner.
- Handstand Walk: Be cautious. This is a high-skill movement and should not be done if you are not consistent with walking on your hands while fresh. Use the modifications above.
- Burpees: Get down… Get up!
- Muscle Snatch 3 – 3 – 3
- Hang Snatch from 1st Position 4×2@ 75%
- 3 Position Snatch Pull 3×3 & 85-95%
- Pause 2sec just off the ground, 2sec at the knees, 2sec then the hips (stay over the bar for the first 2 reps)
- Finish last pull by driving through the legs after pausing at the hips.
- Single-arm Dumbbell or Kettlebell Overhead Walking Lunge 3×8 each side (total).
- Build to a strong effort.
- Use the opposite arm to help balance and maintain an upright torso
- Strong Accessory: 3 rounds of
- 30sec Flutter Kicks
- 30sec Tuck ups
- 30sec Bicycle Kicks
- 30sec Side Plank (each side) *Scale up with a Ab & Adduction on a Bench (Bottom Foot on the Ground, top Foot on a Bench. Share the Load Equally between both Legs.
- 60sec Chinese Plank
- Rest as needed (No more than 2-minutes)