“You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” Carl Jung
ITS COLD, DARK & WET… GO TO THE FNG GYM! It happens every damn year. The time changes. It gets dark earlier. The weather gets cold. Work & school events are more plentiful. And, our attendance drops.
Admittedly, I’m not as motivated to go to the gym to work, coach or workout when it’s dark, cold and wet outside. It takes longer to warm up, the barbell & pull up bars are uncomfortable, and I have to wear multiple layers. It’s more work to workout this time of year. Unfortunately, this is the time of year that more calories are consumed and, more alcohol. We also spend more time indoors and move less. As a result, winter weight gain becomes a reality.
There’s no magic solution. You must get comfortable being uncomfortable with the dark, wet cold. But, here’s a few tips to ease the pain of winter wods;
- Organize your winter training layers so they are easily accessible: jackets, sweats, socks, gloves & hats
- Break out one of your warmest jackets to wear to the gym. Being overly warm before you arrive is best.
- Start your “going to the gym” prep 10 minutes earlier so you can gather all your gear
- Arrive a little early and jump on a C2 Bike or Ski Erg to get your blood flowing
- Buy some new warmer training gear – to get you motivated
The upside to training when it’s dark, wet & cold is that when you’re done, it’s even more satisfying than when the weather’s warm & comfortable. You’ve conquered the day.
Now go to the fng gym.
THANKSGIVING WEEK HOURS
- Mon – Tue 11/21 & 22: Normal Hours 5A – 8:30P.
- Wed 11/23: Last class at 5:30P.
- Thu 11/24: Turkey Ruck – Hidden Lakes Park, Martinez
- Fri 11/25: First class 8AM. Last class 5:30P.
- Sat & Sun: Normal Hours.
APPAREL COMING! We’ve order some cool new T’s, Crop Tanks, Hoodies & Crop Hoodies for the Holidays. They’ll arrive the week of Dec 5th. And be sure to check out all of our cool new designs on our Online Store.