“You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.” Martin Luther King
TWISI (The Way I See It) – Support Your Local Affiliate.
Yvonne and I just watched the amazing documentary, Fittest on Earth: NextGen. It is the story of the 2021 CrossFit Games with an emphasis on the new, up & coming teen athletes . It is an amazing showcase for the sport of CrossFit and the CrossFit Games. The producers, Gravitas, capture all of the amazing moments and all of the drama. It is incredibly motivating and inspiring. I continue to be blown away by the fitness capacity of the CrossFit Games Athletes.
While the CrossFit Games are the ultimate manifestation of what we do in our gym every day, ironically, the CrossFit Games, and CrossFit the business are the manifestation of the work of the CrossFit affiliate gyms. The way I see it, CrossFit Affiliates are literally “indoctrination centers” for CrossFit the methodology, CrossFit training certifications and CrossFit the sport. While the affiliates are fully committed to transforming lives with CrossFit they are also creating future coaches, affiliate owners, athletes and fans of the sport.
So when you join a local CrossFit affiliate, you are contributing to the growth of CrossFit, the creation of new coaches and affiliates, and supporting the Sport of Fitness. Thank you.
REAL-WORLD SELF DEFENSE CLASS THU, JULY 14 6:30PM – FOR A FRIEND IN NEED – Bryant Pangelinan is a long-time friend of mine and Diablo CrossFit. He leased the space next door for a few years – we still share members. Recently, his brother Joe was diagnosed with Cancer and is facing a very expensive battle. Bryant is hosting clinics around the world to help his brother cover some of the costs.
I am excited to have him here for an awesome clinic on “Real World Self-Defense” – something we can all benefit from. And Bryant is the PERFECT instructor given his background as a 3d Jiu Jitsu Black Belt & former Police Officer. His accomplishments include:
- 9 Time No Gi Worlds medalist
- 37 time IBJJF medalist as a blackbelt
- Pan No Gi blackbelt Champion
- 3X No Gi Worlds Champion
Register for the Clinic $40 Donation
Make A Donation To Joe Pangelinan’s Cancer Fight
DOUBLE UNDER CLINIC – On Saturday, July 16 at 7AM Coach Corey is hosting a Double Under Clinic for anyone looking to link their double unders, or just get more consistent. Register here!
TWEET OF THE WEEK: Food & beverage conglomerates have hacked the human brain & psyche at the detrimental expense of the human body.
WORKOUTS – Progressive Programming Calendar July. PRsAllDay Newsletter.
The week ahead:
- Mon: Jerk Drills. Metcon: 21-15-9, Pull ups & Wall Balls.
- My Cherry Pick: Tue: 3RFT – 30/40c Air Bike, 15 HPSnatch, 10 OHS, 1min rest. #55/75
- Wed: Chin ups & Ring Dips. Metcon: 3x3min + 1m rest – 400m Run, max Burpee Pull-ups
- Thu: Amrap 18m – 40/50c Row, 12 T2B, 20/25c Row, 20 KB Swing, 9/14c Row, 1min rest
- Fri: Squat Clean Complex. Amrap 10min – 12 HSClean, 9 Push Press, 6 Push Jerks (Unbroken!) #75/115
- Sat: 10RFT – 2 Snatch, 4 BMU, 8/12cal Bike #105/155
- Sun: 100DUs, 24 DB(x2) OH Lunge, 12 Devil Press, 24 OH Lunge. 100 DUs
CRAIG’S LIST (Stuff I’m Reading, Hearing, Watching, Using or Buying)
- Fittest on Earth: Next Gen – Amazon – This documentary captures it all: the drama, the incredible fitness, the event production and the spirit of CrossFit.
- Terminal List with Chris Pratt on Amazon – This is based on the book of the same name by Jack Carr: a great read.
- Rogan with Marc Andreessen #1840 – Loved listening to Marc Andreesen talk about the future of technology. He is far more pragmatic and positive than Joe Rogan who seems obsessed with AI taking over the world. Marc uses real world examples and excellent historical references to make his points.
- WTAF? – Weedkiller ingredient tied to cancer found in 80% of US urine samples – More than 80% of urine samples drawn from children and adults in a CDC health study contained a weed killing chemical linked to cancer, a finding scientists have called “disturbing” and “concerning”
Make it an awesome week!