“I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the years’.” Henry Moore
Dynamic Warmup: Minute 0 – 20
- Coaches’ Choice Group Dynamic Warm Up
Strength: Minute 21 – 45
Clean & Jerk
- 6 sets of 2 Cleans + 1 Jerk (split jerk or push jerk)
- Warm-up to 65% of your 1 rep max and increase to a strong effort.
- If you are lifting in the Winter Classic, you should plan on working around 70-75% of your 1 rep max at the most.
- Complete 2 Cleans by dropping the first rep and resetting for the second rep.
- Complete 1 Jerk. You must stick the Jerk to increase the load.
Workout: Minute 45 – 55
Complete 3 rounds of “DT” for time:
- 12 Deadlift #105/155 (M55: #95/135)
- 9 Hang Clean
- 6 Jerks
Time cap: 8 minutes.
- Deadlift: start with a mixed grip for 11 reps then, reset with a hook grip for the 12th rep.
- Hang Clean: After the 12th deadlift, begin the Hang Cleans.
- If rest is needed before the Jerks, drop the bar at 8 reps. Then, deadlift & hang clean (9th rep) the bar to begin the jerks.
- Split or Power Jerks. If possible, hit all 6 unbroken.
- “DT” is a CrossFit Hero wod (5 Rounds), in honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on February, 20 2009 supporting operations in OEF when his vehicle was struck by an IED.
Complete 5 rounds starting every 4th minute:
- 30 Seconds of Ski Erg or Bike
- 5 Burpees
- 10 Dumbbell Strict Press
- 500m Row Rest until the start of the 5th minute
Core & Accessory
Core: 4 rounds (9:40min)
- 30 sec Hanging Strict Knee Raises
- 10 sec Hanging Knee Raise hold (hold the top position on the last rep)
- -30 sec rest-
- 30 sec Right-side Lateral Wall-ball Toss
- 30 sec Left side Lateral Wall-ball Toss
- -20 sec rest-
Accessory: 4-5 rounds
- 10 Curtsy Squats (with a KB)
- 10 Cossack Squats (with barbell on back)
- 10 Bulgarian Split Squats (with barbell on back)