Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas A. Edison
JULY 4th SCHEDULE:
- Pleasant Hill: CLOSED – Mtn Bike Ride? Meet at DCF at 7:30AM – Joaquin Miller Park Ride
- San Jose: OPEN – 9AM – 1PM – CF at 9AM & 12PM.
A quick review of the past couple weeks:
- Moxie added an RX+ class on Tuesday & Thursday at 6:30 PM – and it’s growing fast.
- A big crew of Diablo athletes from PHill & SJ took on the Brethren Throwdown competition last week. Moxie women stood atop the podium at the Brethren Throwdown 2 weeks ago. Congrats to Coach Natalie (1st) and Regionals Teammate Kelly Clark (2nd)! Diablo PH’s Annie Clark joined them in the finals finishing 5th overall.
- Diablo community moves: Mark, Oscar and their son Ivan moved to San Clemente & the Friday Masters Madness class held a margarita party to say goodbye. Marisol & AJ moved back to LA and Garret Smith moved to Idaho -we wish them well and look forward to their visits!
- Diablo Adventure Club members completed Class #2 of a 3 class series at Apex Movement & Parkour
Farewell Mark & Oscar!!
Diablo takes over the Brethren Throwdown
Welcome to Diablo:
This week Diablo welcomes new members in PHill
- Maryann Karides
- Ilya Levitin
- Charlene Marston
- Elena Matvyeyenko
- Ashly Quigley
- Natalie Wade
- Rashaad Baten
Moxie San Jose welcomes:
- Kyle Milner
- Chris Burns.
Be sure to say hello and tell ‘em your Diablo story!
A fun week planned for sure! (go to our site for details):
- Mon: Power Clean strength work + a badass metcon couplet of KB swings & box jump-overs.
- Tue: Cool metcon with BMUs, Hang Squat Snatch, OHS & Running!
- Wed: PHill – #getoutside – organized MBike Ride! Moxie: July 4th WOD
- Thu: E5MOM x 5 Rounds – Bike, DL, Pull Ups. 25mins of brutalness.
- Fri: Pistol work & EMOM, then a long row + DB HSC + DB box step-over wod.
- Sat: Kitchen Sink Chipper! HSPU, T2B, Run, PP, DUs
- Sun: 18 min metcon with Pull-ups, PCleans, Front squats.
July 4 – 7:30AM – 10:30AM: PHill Mountain Bike Ride. Meet at DCF, and we’ll drive to Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland Hills. We’ll ride for 2 hours or less and return. There are varying trails of difficulty and it’s a small park, so early turnarounds are possible. There’s nothing too challenging.
July 14: Moxie Beach Day – Santa Cruz – Location TBA
Joe Rogan with David Goggins #1080: this is simply an incredible story of the capacity of the human body and mind. David Goggins an ultramarathon runner, ultra-distance cyclist, triathlete and former world record holder for the most pull-ups done in 24 hours. He is a retired United States Navy SEAL and former United States Air Force Tactical Air Control Party member who took part in the War in Afghanistan and the Iraq War. You’ll listen to his story and immediately want to go workout. His mental toughness is beyond amazing.
CrossFit Podcast 18.51: Pass on the Gastric Bypass: I fell in love with Athena and her incredibly positive, no-nonsense attitude. Watch here 9 minute Youtube video to get a sample of her crazy and very scary life story and battle with obesity: (Famished, Force-Fed, 450 pounds and Finally Fit. She found CrossFit and turned everything around and is now an incredible role model for all of us.