“Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” Marilyn Ferguson
ERIKA LINDEN – 2020 TOM JONES AWARD Congratulations to our 2020 Tom Jones Award Winner, Erika Linden! In true 2020 fashion, we had to reschedule our Jones award presentation 2 times because of a severe allergic reaction that left Erika literally covered with hives and in the hospital for a day. We managed to keep it a secret – she had no idea, thanks to our insider, Lara Huntly. We started our Zoom Town Hall and drove to Lara’s house to surprise Erika – it worked! Click on the link above.
Our Tom Jones award is given to the individual who most represents our amazing community each year. Erika has been a member since 2011 – she got started in our Women’s Soft Start program. She’s at every event – usually helping set up or take down or managing. Despite our closures and outdoor workouts, Erika managed to participate in 187 classes! And, even though she’s not a fan of running, she also joined our Diablo run club for 3-5 miles early Friday mornings! She’s a sought-after judge during the Open, always one of our top producers. She’s strong as hell and puts her heart into every single metcon. And she always sticks around to cheer everyone on.
This is incredibly well deserved. Congratulations, Erika!
OUTSIDE IN I’ve been “asked” by several Diablo followers, “why open indoors when you can open outdoors?” So, I thought it was a good time to do a video to explain.
RTC19 CHALLENGE (Reverse the Covid-19) This is harder than I thought it would be. “Unconscious consumption” is killing me – the foods I eat that I didn’t know were highly processed or have sugar. And, eliminating “healthy processed foods”, i.e. protein supplements and Perfect Bars have been tough.
But, I’m loving the process! This challenge is intended to draw attention to our eating/drinking & fitness habits and food quality. Do your best to hit 50-60 points every day. If you have an off day, please share your results and story on Sugarwod.
- Completed a Diablo workout: 10pts
- No alcohol: 10pts
- No processed foods: 10pts
- No sugar*: 10pts
- Accumulated 30mins of walking: 10pts
- Slept 7+ Hours: 10 pts
It’s not too late to participate in our challenge! If you’re not a member, we can set you up with a subscription to Sugarwod where you can post your results. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ROW’D ROYALTY BEGINS JAN 14! Have you registered? The workouts will be part of our class wods!
FBB SCHEDULE CHANGE!
- Tue Evening Functional Bodybuilding is now at 7:30P
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK (check Sugarwod Track “Workout Of The Day”) Check out the videos on Sugarwod or on YouTube (PRsAllDay).
January Progression & Calendar (Open Prep)
√ Primary: Varied Lifts √ Secondary: Lunge Variations √ Skills: Strict HSPU, Hanging Gymnastics
√ 1RM HSSnatch √ 2RM FSquat √ 3RM SClean √ 1RM Jerk √ 5RM OHS
√ CFG Open: 12.3, 15.5, 13.1, 11.5 √ Row’d Royalty
- Mon: Jerk 1RM. Metcon: 10,8,6,4,2 SPress #75/115 & DUs 50,40,30,20,10
- Tue: CFG Open 15.5 – 27,21,15, 9 reps of Row cals & Thrusters #95/65
- Wed: AMRAP 16m – 6 HPCleans #95/135, 8BMUs, 400m Run
- Thu: OH Lunge Work. Metcon: Amrap 12m – 10/15c Bike, 12 Alt DB Snatch, 15BJumps
- Fri: Gymnastic Skill EMOM. Metcon: Amrap 10m – 15/20c Row, 16 SA DB Strict Press #35/50
- Sat: 5RFT – 200m Run, 8/10 Strict Pullups, 200m Run, 1m Rest
- Sun: Amrap 14m – 8DLs #155/225, 6 Ring Dips, 10KB, 50DUs
CRAIG’S LIST (Stuff I’m Reading, Listening To or Watching)
- Joe Rogan #1582 with Alex Berenson Alex Berenson is a journalist and award-winning author. He’s written a couple books on the pandemic related to data inconsistencies. I enjoyed this episode because there’s no hype – just good critical thinking and challenging discussions on how we’ve handled the pandemic as a Country. I was saddened by the data on the incredible growth of overdose deaths and suicides.
- This One Thing Can Help You Walk An Extra Mile As our friend and nutrition coach Jason Falcon recommends: keep moving all day. Count your steps! Use your phone or wrist device.
- Science Reveals Why You’re Sleeping Wrong “Throughout history, there have been numerous accounts of segmented sleep, from medical texts, to court records and diaries, and even in African and South American tribes, with a common reference to “first” and “second” sleep.” Matthew Walker talks about the phenomenon of “two sleeps” in his podcast with Joe Rogan. Unfortunately, this would require an earlier bedtime and late night activity that might not go over well with your spouse or family.
My “Dis-Net-Prime” Weekly List
- Soul – Disney’s new Pixar release. Fantastic story and message.
- Bridgerton – Netflix series. Yvonne’s choice..I kinda watched. Fantasy romance novel set in early 1800’s.
- The Expanse – Amazon. Yah, I know. It’s legit sci-fi and it’s been around a while. Love it!
Make it an awesome week!