We first make our habits, and then our habits make us. John Dryden
COOL STUFF LAST WEEK
- 44 Fran PRs on Sugarwod!
- Athlete Clinic was fun – and informative! Katya finally broke through on DUs (30 in a row!)
- We’re organizing all our pictures! 2018 was a great year!
- Welcome Ashley & Kevin
- Cool video by James Cooper with our Diablo athletes
- New Plates and OCD Wallballs
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Teen Summer Strong (Jul 15 – Aug 9): MWF at 1PM. Register here.
- Diablo Golf Outing: Fri, Jul 19 at 5:00PM at Diablo Hills Golf Club.
PROGRAMMING – Check Sugarwod for details & athlete notes.
This is a week of very cool workouts!
|MON||Metcon: AMRAP15m – 5 HPSnatch (#95/135), then 2x: 5 T2B, 8 Alt Pistols, 10 Box Jumps|
|TUE||Metcon: 4RFT – 500/600m Row, 3/5 Muscle Ups, 400m Run|
|WED||Strength: Squat Clean Complex. Metcon: AMRAP7m – 9 DB Deadlift, 6 DB HSCleans, 3 DB Thrusters|
|THU||Skill: Rope Climb Progressions. Metcon: E3MOM x 3 – 200m Run, 12/15 Push Ups, 30 DUs|
|FRI||AMRAP18m: 1 Clean (#155/225!!), 3 High Wallballs (10’/11’), 6 Box Jumps (24”/30”)|
|SAT||Strength: Push Jerk 5×2. Metcon: 21-15-9 – Calorie Row & Strict Press (#53/85)|
|SUN||Metcon: 800m Run, then 1,2,3,5..10 of Front Squat & Lateral Burpee over Bar, 400m Run|
DIABLO ADVENTURE CLUB! (link)
- Sat, Aug 24: Napa Zipline – please indicate interest ASAP
How to be happy in overwhelming times. David Kirkpatrick in Better Humans on Medium. Recently, I’ve talked to several people who’ve expressed feeling “overwhelmed”, including strong anxiety and depression. Life in the modern age with technology overload can feel overwhelming, especially in the Bay Area. That’s why I loved David Kirpatrick’s article and 7 steps to happiness. #5: Unplug 1 day a week…
Having a Mantra Will Make You Better, Brad Stulberg for Outside Magazine. I use mantras often, so I’m a believer! And if you use Chrome, check out this cool add-on: Momentum. It gives you daily Mantras with each new tab you open (along with an amazing picture and a cool message).