“The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit. ” Morihei Ueshiba
$9,596 for #TEAMSARAH!
On Saturday, Oct 28th our Diablo Community raised $5,696 at our Amazing Grace #TEAMSARAH event to benefit the Aronson family. Adding to that, the 9AM crew raised more than $3,900 for a total donation of $9,596.
THANK YOU TO OUR AMAZING DIABLO COMMUNITY!
Intragym Comp 2018 Holiday Edition – Registration is Open! MM/FF/MF – all levels welcome!
Visit our Event Page for details & registration. Saturday, Dec 1 at Moxie in San Jose! This will be a partner comp: MM, MF, or FF. Holiday themed attire would be very entertaining!
November Strength & Skill Progressions
- Primary Strength: Overhead Squats
- Secondary Strength: Deadlift
- Gymnastic Skill/Strength: Pull Ups
November Notable Workouts:
- “Rankel“, Nov 11th
- “Angie” – Nov 26th
- 2K Row + 1RM Clean & Jerk – Nov 27
- Overhead Squat Test – Nov 30
- “Nancy” – Nov 30
Weekly Programming Review
Diablo’s Weekly Programming is always available on Sugarwod!
- Mon: 3RFT – 60 Air Squats, 30 Knees-to-elbows, 30 Deficit Push Ups
- Tue: Deadlift 5×5. Then, AMRAP 9M – 25 DUs, 15 KB Swings #35/53, 200m Run
- Wed: Pull Up skill work, then, 3RFT: 10/14 Cal Bike, 15 WBalls, 6 Handstand Push-Ups
- Thu: “Death by” Snatch > Clean EMOM until failure. Add #5/10 each minute.
- Fri: 5x 3min AMRAPs, with 1min rest – 300m Row, 15 PPress, 30 DUs
- Sat: OHS 3×10!. Then, 4 rnds every 4min: 12/17 Cal Bike, 1 Rope Climb, 100m FCarry #35/50
- Sun: “Rankel”
Diablo Totally UnOfficial Turkey Trot 2018
Thursday, Nov 22nd, 8:30 AM at Hidden Lakes Park in Martinez. This will be our 12th Official Turkey Trot. Let’s make it the biggest yet!
5 Habits of Highly Successful Eaters – Becky Harsh CFL4 and owner of Beaver Menace in CO. I loved this piece for its elegant simplicity. Becky has been coaching CF and nutrition for many years and has developed some easy to remember habits that anyone can follow.
Arthritis: You’ve Got To Keep Moving – Dr. Sean Rockett, MD. – This is a fantastic piece on arthritis and exercise and includes good data on long-term treatments including Stem Cells and Joint Replacement. And, it’s contrarian advice to many Doctors who recommend patients stop moving.
REPOST: I’ve talked with several members recently about Alzheimer’s and Rhonda Patrick’s recent blog and podcast with Dr. Dale Bredesen who recently published a book on Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease. This is a very good resource for anyone who has family or friends concerned about dementia or Alzheimer’s.